Letting Only Service
Suitable for those landlords who perhaps have some experience of residential lettings and are happy to deal with their tenant(s) and property letting related matters, once the tenancy and documentation has been completed
The Services included are:-
- Visit your property and give you advice on the level of monthly rent you can expect and the type of tenancy suitable for your particular property, as well as an overview of the legal commitment you are making by renting your property.
- Provide you with advice on any action you may need to take before letting the property. This includes any recommended repairs and matters in relation to current Health and Safety Law that need to be addressed to put the property into a fit state before letting.
- Explain to you the requirement for an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) on your property, if you do not already hold and EPC for the property.
- Explain your rights and responsibilities and the tenant’s rights and responsibilities including Tenancy Deposit Protection legislation.
- Give you advice on what action to take if the property is mortgaged.
- Give you advice on insuring the building and contents. We would also offer you other insurance schemes to protect your interests, which are not normally covered in a standard household policy (Rent Guarantee and Legal Expenses etc.)
- Provide you with a written Agency Agreement detailing our terms and charges.
- Produce letting particulars and agree marketing strategy, through local advertising, displays, tenant data base, internet websites and localised employers.
- Arrange (if required) for safety checks on gas and electrical services and appliances.
- Accompany prospective new tenants to view unoccupied properties.
- Taking up references or checking the tenants past rent payment record through a recognised credit agency and advising on suitability of tenant.
- Complete an Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement (min. six month term) taking one month’s advance rental and a security deposit, equivalent to at least one month’s rent (or subject to scale above one month’s rent).
- Prepare Inventory and Schedule of Condition for the tenants to sign upon occupancy.
- Completion of Tenancy Deposit Protection and registration of deposit with The Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS), unless you as a landlord are registered with your own Government Approved Scheme (see scale charges)
- Hand over all tenancy related documentation and pay over to you the first month’s rent less our letting fee, charges, any expenses and VAT thereon whilst retaining the security deposit (unless registered as above).
- We can also offer quarterly and final inspections to all our Let Only Landlords (see scale charges).
Tenant Find Service
|· Free Rental valuation
· Full Colour Brochure of Particulars
· Marketing and Advertising (Online & Local Newspaper)
· ‘To Let’ Board
· Conducting Tenant Checks and Credit References
· Preparation of Tenancy Agreement
· Preparing a Property Inventory
|The fee for the ‘Tenant Find Only’ service will be one months’ rent (subject to a minimum fee of £400).|